Kilometri 600. Sant'Antioco









From CF you take a ferry and in 25 minutes you will be in Calasetta. This is one of the two towns of the island and from here I decided to head south towards a camping called "Tonnara" where I found out it's freaking expensive to stay. Disappointed after a 15 Kms ride (at this point you're in the middle of nowhere) I remembered I noticed a little bar/trattoria..."da Mario e Pinella, la vita è bella".
Guess how it ended up!?!












I started talking to three locals (beside the owner...a real character) and we started washing down Ichnusas till I met Raffaele and Denise (two Swiss guys) and went all the way down to the night.
Wasted and tired as a donkey I asked Mario (the owner) if I could sleep on a table in a hidden part of the bar...and that's how "Mario & Pinella" became my home base for the days I stayed in Sant'Antioco.














On this side of the island you get the best places to swim and lay on the rocks relaxing and reading a good book. Starting from "Cala Sapone", where the bar is, then you have Cala Lunga just north of it, or if you're and adventurous person you can find some astonishing spots where you'll probably be the only one and can swim nacked and feel completely free. On the southern tip of Sant'Antioco, then, you have "Capo Sperone" and the beaches of "Turri" (the name comes from the beautiful tower dominating on top of the hill) and "Co Cuaddus". But above all, driving (or riding in my case) to these places, don't forget to look for a place called "Su Semaforo"!!!
This unbelievable ancient building comes from the end of '800 and for it's strategical position( from here you can see the Sardinian coast till "Capo Teulada") was used by the military in the past, but now it could be the perfect location for a photo session or a set of a movie.









Again I will always remember this island mostly for the people I met here! Starting from Mario who hosted me in the back of his bar, getting to Lillo and Luca who have been two sweet companions and made my four days unforgettable taking me to secluded spots, hosting me in their house and spending the evenings laughing and eating great dishes cooked on a mighty bbq. I definatly found two new friends!

0 commenti:

Post a Comment